Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Ascension/Kudos clan war

Nope, I stay clear from drama when possible.

I've been brought up into conversations I have nothing to do with either, so I'm simply reiterating the fact that you naming Aileron on a post as a way to "fit the tone" was unnecessary.

But you seem to understand that now though, so you can go on with your conversation.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

Could have sworn this topic was in the Danu forum. The "attack" as you deem it wasn't subtle at all.
Yes, the topic is in Danu, yet you bring in someone from Morrigan. :roll:
My first post wasn't directed at Aileron in any way. I used his name to make a point. It's not exactly a secret among anyone who reads the forums that he has the tendency to talk down to people and only care for his own opinion. Was it right to use his name? Probably not, but it seemed to fit the tone. So my question for you, Armo, would be why butt in to a conversation that had absolutely nothing to do with you, especially when you made it a point to say you are glad crom doesn't have these issues? Is it a way to get your drama fill?
What you say about Alieron can be said about you.
Also, i don't believe it is against the rules to comment in another servers forum section.

Its so funny when people get done for naming and shamming or insulting another member, but when a "Guide" does it, even multiple times, nothing is done.
Arachnid 226 Rogue
Clan: Ascension
World: Danu

I was in no way attempting to make an ad hominem argument, Baison, as should be evidenced from not only my recent post, but from the many I have made prior to that.
In fact, and somewhat ironically, the very suggestion only serves to discredit yourself, without the need for outside intervention.
It is not only a misleading accusation, but yet another example of being blind to the harm caused by your own hand.
For my part, it is no secret that I share and support our mutual friend's ideology, and that is not something I would ever attempt to surreptitiously subvert by means of targeting you.
It is true that I may question the manner in which you apply his idea's and your motives for doing so, but that is another matter and one without skullduggerous agenda, I assure you.
Queef equally conceded he thought some good points were made in your post, and Podatz was simply exercising his right to address your rather judgemental and unsolicited aside to him.
You close by stating that you cannot counter the so called attacks levelled at you, but by classifying them as ad hominem, that is exactly what you are attempting to do. It is simply a way to dismiss and negate any personal criticism, by claiming the real target to instead be the legacy of a respected friend. A legacy you would do disservice, and by taking it for a trump apple.
You also state that your momentary slip in etiquette  is the result of provocation, yet it is the insulting composition of your posts that gave rise to that in first place.
By fabricating that you are the target of an ad hominem argument, you are actually using a similar and no less underhanded device, to deflect due personal critisism and project it instead towards an ideal... A reverse ad hominem of sorts... Or an outright, yet clever, deception, to be more precise.
I have said before though, that I do not think you intentionally mean to deceive others, but rather that you do deceive your own self. And I still have faith that this is the case.
As far as your views on resetting go, I have no agenda in undermining those either. I have said before that I do not knowingly aid such enterprises, and find them unpalatable. The only distinction I would make between your cause and mine, is one of treating a symptom rather than the illness.
Though I would say to your assertions that everyone besides yourself has a short sighted perspective of Danu's ills, that to then go on and mistake a symptom for the disease itself, suggests otherwise. Though this is simply my own personal view on the matter, and I accept that yours shall be different.
Now if you feel that I have been unduly hard on you, then you should know it is not with malice, and in fact comes from good place.
My harshest critique, I always have, and always shall, reserve for myself, and perhaps it is some of our similarities that extend a lesser of that tendency towards you.
I also consider us to have a kinship, and I am not shy when it comes to telling harsh truths to friends, and others I would seek the best for.
Wasted potential yet is another of my bugbears, and as I have said, I think you could have a big part to play if only for a bit of wisdom and humility.
An ideology can be a great and powerful thing, when wielded by wise and humble hands. When wisdom gives way to ambition, however, it can be terrible thing indeed.
It is said that power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. It is this latter path that I feel you unknowingly tend towards, and I would simply want better for you than that, especially considering your mentor whom we both call friend. The source of your tutorage may also be a reason why I perhaps overstep my usual bounds of critisism, and feel an undue sense duty and care regarding your progression.
I accept that it is not my place, however, and is beyond my remit, so I shall try to keep that to mind in future.
I do not wish to stop your posting. On the contrary, I should like to see much more. I just think some soul searching may serve you well.
Besides, as someone who carries similar wounds, and similar ideologies, I certainly wouldn't want my critiques to cause yet more anguish to you.

All the best,

Magustra

Thanks, Cyprus. In the spirit of your suggestion, I just took a trip to Stonevale, to try and convince Falgren to spend a magical afternoon braiding pink unicorn tails with me (not euphemism for anything, I assure you).

Suffice to say, it did not go well.

I think its time we all got out our daisy wands and run around naked whilst singing Farrell Williams happy
They need to make a nude charm :)
"It's easy to do nothing, but it's hard to forgive."
-Aang

I do think part of the reason we are all at eachothers throats is ( drum roll please) not enough content in the game for the end game player. Otm have created a funnel , nice wide open space when you start, lots of things to do etc, but the deeper you go into the funnel the tighter the game play. Think about it , four dragon lord bosses ( worth doing ) a couple of end game bosses and that is it, its a clown car crammed full of fat clowns , come on otm give us room to move. Then maybe just maybe we all might get along a little bit better.

Could have sworn this topic was in the Danu forum. The "attack" as you deem it wasn't subtle at all.
Yes, the topic is in Danu, yet you bring in someone from Morrigan. :roll:
My first post wasn't directed at Aileron in any way. I used his name to make a point. I
So my question for you, Armo, would be why butt in to a conversation that had absolutely nothing to do with you, especially when you made it a point to say you are glad crom doesn't have these issues? Is it a way to get your drama fill?
He probably was on Danu forums because (from afar) you guys are hilarious and fascinating at the same time. Up close it might be less enjoyable. Must be like playing on an ant hill. Maybe a better comparison is the the Trojan War.

Sorry couldn't resist posting.
Now when youngsters say "where were you during the great Ascension/Kudos clan war thread?" i can say "i was there sonny Jim.....i was there".
Landoril 221 Ranger
Denoril 170 Rogue
Hateril. Hat holder
Pageril...well you get the idea

Epona (The little server that could)

I heard that someone named after the king of Greek gods scammed 7m from kudos player the scammer was a Ascension and then the clan covered it up? Ik if i was on this world and the rumors are true i definatly wouldnt want any part of that clan
Oderint Dum Metuant.