Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

It's been a while

Some of you might simply remember me as some mage with a shield, or as a PvP fanatic who spammed everyone in farcrag castle with Duel requests, back in the old days when Celtic Heroes wasn't running on this new fancy unity engine. My hiatus was not due to drama, as I am not interested in clan rivalry, I simply needed a break from all the grinding. Besides, real life is to my concern too, I adopted a retriever pup, got into an internship, continued playing the guitar, and prepared for my incoming first year of college, lots of stuff going on.

Much has changed since I last logged in, apart from the graphic revamp. Level cap got substantially higher and I must say to those people who manage to grind their way up to the cap after perhaps hundreds or even thousands of hours, you sure got that willpower.

First thing I saw when I logged back in a week ago for the first time was some dude on a horse, but wait...some dude on a horse? Apparently they have horses now. Then I saw another dude swing past me with...a pair of wings? What the heck? Then some level 200 rogue standing there with a set of armor with a name so long I couldn't remember any of it. The massive amount of content really overwhelmed me to the point that I feel like a total newbie once again. I found myself asking questions that are usually associated with...newbies

- How did you get that awesome looking banshee blade thingy?
- What are hunter remains?
- What are bounties? Are they worth it? What's with all those different kinds of bounties?
- What is that bracelet of whatever and where did you get it? I think the answer was some boss I never ever heard of :D
- What is X? How did you get Y? What the Z is going on?!

I actually ran into a good friend of mine and he kindly gave me a banshee blade for free, that weird dance animation when holding the blade was really awkward, kinda hilarious. I tried it on a crookback scrounger and the blade proc one hit him. Too op OTM plz nerf :shock: :lol:

Some "newbie" questions I still have now
- Is Gelebron (hope I spelled it correctly) the new Mordy? Did Danu beat him yet?
- Did OTM tweaked the xp req for levels so it's easier (even a tiny bit) to level up? Or is it still a painful grind even with xp elixers? (don't have any xp elixers in my case, at least for now, so I guess the term should be agony?)
- China Clan? I saw it on baidu forums, I am Chinese American so I do know substantial Chinese, what are they up to?
- Is a Mage with a shield still feasible? Shieldy and I go way back, would be a pity if Shield Mages are no longer a thing :c

I'm sure I will have a lot to learn, now that level cap is so high I don't even know what it is (220? 230? 240? 250?). I might not be as active as before when I was hardcore, as I still gotta find that sweet balance between CH and other things, but if you happened to see me in game, feel free to say hi. I will try to keep the duel request spamming to a minimum and try to motivate myself to grind my way to a higher level. :)

Re: It's been a while

Welcome back :) Good luck with college, many of our players are in the same boat so I will give my sage advice, study :P

Much has changed and I shall try to be your guide.

Horses were part of our Beltane update, wings sound like our Samhain update. Just wait till you go into Stonevale ;)

Banshee Blade: Is part of our Samhain 2015 Event weapon quest, Grace Drummond in Farcrag Castle will give you the quest I believe.

Hunters Remains: Are collected to create Bounty Pledges which allow you to take up to 6 Bounties daily. Repeatable quest from Robert the Bruised in Farcrag.

Bounties: A daily repeatable quest where you will find yourself hunting down monsters to be rewarded extra XP and Gold. There are 3 types of quests: Standard, Elite and Event (Samhain) These will all give you gold and XP but you have a chance to get a bounty bag providing you with a chance to open mounts, items and elixirs. You get 2 free bounties and up to 6 with extra tokens either gained from the quest or bought in store.

Bracelets: Many from many bosses :lol:

2nd Set:

Gelebron and his Arcane Sanctum is the new top tier raiding zone, none have defeated him so far he is that tough ;)

Bounties help a lot with the levelling, you can still do it lix free and many have but the bounties add a bit more to the daily fun for me.

Not too sure of China Clan myself but I think I have seen them running about in-game.

Not a Mage myself so I will leave that question to someone more knowledgeable than me.

But yeah, welcome back I hope you enjoy your time playing Celtic Heroes.