Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

4X scammer entered Arawn

Some details and names are intentionally vague or omitted in adherence to the no naming and shaming rule. Hopefully this post won't need to be modded.

On April 1st or 2nd, I watched the alleged scammer (let's say TAS) dice duel a player named YingNYang in Epona's castle. In a series of unlucky rolls, TAS lost a lot of gold, a valuable mount, a valuable bracelet, and a lux jewelry set. The stakes of the final dice battle were the last 3 mentioned items: winner take all (mount, brace, set). TAS rolled 18. Ying rolled 28. Then TAS logged with the items, leaving Ying without his rightfully won items. This was the first scam.

(After this point I was not a direct witness, but there were so many alleged victims of this scam that I am confident it's true)

TAS, not wanting to face the consequences of their scam on Epona, decided to capitalize on the massive server transfers going from Arawn to Epona. At first, the server transfers went smoothly, TAS offering to go first since they were desperate to go to Arawn and leave behind Epona.

However, TAS realized that those transferring from Arawn to Epona were a lot more desperate, and exploited the enormous scam potential of player-conducted server transfers.

Now demanding that the Arawn players give items first, TAS perpetrated 3 more (basically simultaneous) scams at around 10:00 pm Pacific time, April 3.

The first Arawnian lost 80/10 Ancient Relic Arctic Wings (red colored) plus 1.1 million gold to TAS.
The second Arawnian lost precisely 1,848,321 gold to TAS.
The third Arawnian lost a level 150 Fiery Dagger of Celerity, level 160 Ancient Wyrmbone Dagger, and Heroic Boots of Speed (no lvl req) to TAS.
(There could be more, idk)

I post this here because I can't be bothered to go through the support channels, in my experience the peeps at OTM look at these kinds of things and just say "all trades are final." That kind of one-size-fits-all response really makes players feel like scamming isn't addressed, and that in turn encourages more scamming because the scammers feel shielded from justice by the Terms of Service.

I also post this here so that Arawnians know to be wary of this incoming scammer, whichever name she/he ends up choosing. Feel free to PM me for more details.

Re: 4X scammer entered Arawn

Hey Heroes,

Unfortunately in terms of dicing, these games are up to the user to enforce the ruling.
Though we do not prevent it, we do not govern it. The dice is provided as a tool for randomizing numbers, nothing more. How the users use it is at their discretion.

Please remember, if in doubt, don't part-take in dicing.

We will not enforce decisions arising from these games and do apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Hey Heroes,

Unfortunately in terms of dicing, these games are up to the user to enforce the ruling.
Though we do not prevent it, we do not govern it. The dice is provided as a tool for randomizing numbers, nothing more. How the users use it is at their discretion.

Please remember, if in doubt, don't part-take in dicing.

We will not enforce decisions arising from these games and do apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
With all do respect, you kinda missed the main point. The initial scam involved dice—those scammed items on Epona have since been traded around too many times to undo anything.

But the damage done with the server transfers on Arawn can still be reversed. Server transfers are quid pro quo, player-handled affairs because the game does not allow safe cross-server trades. It should be very easy for Support to identify and deal with a case of "I scratch your back, you take off running," or here, 3+ such cases.

If OTM staff is anything like it was years ago, I expect nothing will be done, even though this was a multimillion gold heist. Inaction on OTM's part (which will probably happen here) indirectly condones scamming, and that's really unfortunate imo.

P.S. Hey shadowbolt :p

well those who were scammed were no angels. And for them to trust Zombieking to do transfer to epona, they went in with open eyes. Maybe its karma.
And you are an angel? And bigd is an angel?
Are dominant clans in general the angels?

This guy is just telling you theres scammers out there...
Keep your comments about people for yourself or gossip talk somewhere else❤️
Epona's #1 Tank (arrogant but true)
Dilvar (lvl 222) no Alts.
Chieftain of Anarchy since years.
Life is beautiful cause you are in it (looks in mirror)